24 Port 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
N-Way Switch + 1 Fiber Slot
The flexible premium N-Way switch!
Part No. 32998
- High performance non-blocking architecture
- 24 x auto-sensing 10/100Base-TX STP/UTP Ethernet ports
- 1 x console port on the front for VLAN and trunking configuration
- 1 x expansion slot for an optional 100Mbit/sec Fiber Module
- Additional STP/UTP uplink port for cascading (shared via port 24)
- Half-duplex mode for back pressure and full-duplex for flow control
- Store and forward architecture
- 8KB entry MAC address table
- 512KB on-chip packet buffer sharing
- Power, Trunking, 10/100Mb, Link/Activity and Full-duplex/Collision LED indicators
- 19 standard rack mounted size
- 3 year warranty
- The LINDY 24 Port 10/100Base-TX N-Way Switch has 24 auto-sensing 10/100Base-TX RJ-45 ports, plus one extension slot for an optional 100Base-FX fibre module which enables long
- The optional modules support SC/ST/MT-RJ/ connectors. However, the fiber port can be used to
connect to a remote site up to 2km (multi-mode) or 60km (single-mode) away.
- The Switch supports basic management function (console management). Console management
involves the administration of the switch via a direct connection to the RS-232 console port. The function of the console management includes Trunk setting, VLAN setting etc.
What's the difference between a switching and non-switching hub?
- Switches are not simply Dual Speed Hubs! The difference stems in the manner in which
information is transmitted across the network, and how efficiently data is routed to its destination.
- A Switch or Switching Hub, when transmitting data to a destination for the first time, sends the
data and waits for the intended receiver to accept it. Once it does this, the switch 'remembers' its network address. Subsequent packets of information for the same machine are sent directly to it
without having to announce to all computers on the network that there is information coming. This lowers the unnecessary network traffic and makes the whole operation more efficient, and ultimately speeds up your network.
- Crossover CAT5e UTP Cable, Grey, 2m
- 16 Port 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet N-Way Switch + 1 Fiber Slot
- 100 Base FX (SC) Fiber Module
- 100 Base FX (ST) Fiber Module
- 100 Base FX (MT-RJ) Fiber Module